Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LPC, LCPC, LSW, or LCSW) OR License-eligible
POSITION: Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LPC, LCPC, LSW, or LCSW) OR License-eligible
SCHEDULE: Full-Time / 40 Hours per week
FACILITY: Abingdon Correctional Facility
LOCATION: Abingdon, Virginia
**Availability of supervised residency hours toward LPC licensure at no additional cost!!**
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is a member of the Wexford family: a group of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies. At Wexford Health Sources, Inc., our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health offers a competitive benefits package including:
• Performance check-ins with annual merit increase (if applicable)
• Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
• Paid holidays
• Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
• Dental and Vision insurance
• 401(k) retirement saving plan
• Company-paid short-term disability
• Healthcare and dependent care spending account
• Continuing education options
• Under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator or clinical supervisor, the incumbent provides services to patients requiring mental health interventions.
• Duties include assessment, consultation, liaison, and psychotherapeutic interventions, suicide and self-harm evaluations and safety protocols.
• He/she communicates clinical findings in writing, as well as through consultation with Mental Health and other healthcare unit staff.
• May utilize electronic medical record system as applicable throughout the scope of duties and responsibilities.
• Provides screenings and assessments for treatment needs of patients referred by medical, counseling, security, or other site staff.
• Provides crisis intervention counseling, brief therapy and group therapy as indicated for facility patients.
• Authorizes the removal of suicide or self-harm precautions, as well as approval of a less frequent monitoring level.
• Provides consultation on mental health issues to the facility medical staff.
• Provides staff training to site personnel on mental health issues including the function of the Crisis Team and how to access its services.
• Monitors the provisions of crisis services to include review of documentation for accuracy, completeness and fulfillment of facility directives and procedures.
• Completes comprehensive psychosocial history on each admission and prepares and updates treatment plans.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Current license as a Professional Counselor (LPC or LCPC) or Social Worker (LSW or LCSW) or related field in Virginia
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Master's degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Social Work or related field
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Prior correctional experience preferred.
Two years' post-degree clinical experience preferred.
Prior experience with use of electronic medical record system preferred.