1st & 2nd Shift Available
W&W|AFCO STEEL has Fabrication Trainee positions available. Fabrication Trainees are entry level, hands-on employees with a desire to learn a trade and build a career in an essential industry. Trainees work closely with skilled welders, machines operators, and experienced industrial painters to learn valuable skills. Day-to-day duties involve the use of hand tools and measuring tapes. Trainees learn to operate various fabrication equipment including drills, grinders, press brakes, blasters, paint processes. Trainees will also have opportunities to learn the basics of welding and fitting, operation of CNC equipment, and application of multi-application processes.
Successful candidates will possess:
1. Desire to learn and grow with an industry leader.
2. Strong commitment to safety and adherence to all safety protocols.
3. Ability to work in a team environment and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
4. Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment.
5. Ability to solve basic math problems and read tape measure.
6. Ability stand and walk for 8+ hours with intervals of stooping, squatting, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling.
7. Manual dexterity to work various hand tools.
6. Ability to left 50 pounds.
W&W AFCO Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now for instant consideration!
Apply in person: 15083 Industrial Park Road; Bristol, VA
Apply online: http://www.wwsteel.com or http://hirschfeld.wwafcosteel.com
Attaching a resume is required. If you need assistance with this online job application process, please call 336/271-8251.