Student Recruiter and Activities Specialist
VA HIGHLANDS COMMUNITY COLLEGE Abingdon, VA Full-time Education
Posted on October 3, 2021
Virginia Highlands Community College
Student Recruiter & Activities Specialist
- Recruits students to educational opportunities offered by the College.
- Creates a fun and energetic atmosphere on the VHCC campus, by coordinating and implementing student activities on campus. Facilitate off campus activities to involve students in community venues.
- Works closely with the coordinator of recruitment and career services to implement strategic recruitment plan to achieve established recruitment goals.
- Maintains strong knowledge of the VHCC brand, admissions processes, programs of study, and campus services in order to effectively and accurately promote VHCC to prospective students.
- Builds relationships with a variety of internal and external constituencies including prospective students, parents, secondary school personnel, local agencies, employers, and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process.
- Builds relationships with prospective students by conducting ongoing communications with prospective students through a variety of methods including in-person appointments, phone calls, emails, information sessions, high school visits, employer visits, college fairs, and other events.
- Collects inquiries and converts them to applicants while providing assistance through each step of the enrollment process.
- Assists with recruitment initiatives designed to increase in enrollment of special populations.
- Maintains accurate records on recruitment efforts by making regular updates to the recruitment calendar and recruitment plan. Assists with the compilation of data related to the effectiveness of efforts and initiatives.
- Works with recruitment CRM software as one tool to recruit and convert students.
- Works with Student Ambassadors and train to support campus tours. Provide outstanding service to students and other internal and external customers
- Works closely with high school Career Coaches to effectively recruit students. Maintains a heavy presence in local high schools, through regular lunch visits and other special programs.
- Maintains a high level of ethics, professionalism and confidentiality in performance of all duties
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with students, faculty & staff and other stakeholders important to the college