Tunnel Emergency Response Team (ERT) - Operations Members
Transportation Operation & Management, LLC has openings for the following Tunnel Emergency Response Team (ERT) – Operations Members.
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION – The preferred candidate will have the requirements as listed below:
The ERT Operations Personnel are multi-trained employees under supervision, who perform high level service and task work to assure continued safe flow of traffic through road transportation tunnels. The ERT Personnel are charged with many aspects of janitorial, grounds keeping, and maintenance as assigned for the portal buildings, tunnels, and appropriate outdoor sites. The ERT Members provide emergency response to fire, hazardous material spill incidents, illness, traumatic injuries, and rescue operations as necessary. ERT Members respond to all emergencies in a safe, expedient manner, and complete all documentation legibly and correctly. Must be able to carry at least 50 lbs., walk and average of one mile, and multitask at the same time.
· 12 hours shifts; 4 days on, 4 days off, once training is complete. Shifts do not rotate.
· Provides work as required for monitoring traffic and setting portable traffic control devices for bore and lane closures as needed.
· Provides high quality service to the traveling public, assists motorists in and near the tunnel areas, and ensures roadways are safe.
· Performs various groundskeeping chores, such as janitorial maintenance, and other work needed to ensure cleanliness, safety of the tunnel, and associated worksites.
· Performs Emergency Response for fire and rescue services; This includes the use of heavy hydraulic, pneumatic power, hand tools, water and foam firefighting systems, and associated equipment. Must wear prescribed personal protective equipment and SCBA as indicated.
· Operates Emergency Response vehicles under stressful and extreme conditions.
· Computer literacy; Windows-based software programs, and ability to learn and utilize site-specific software as needed.
· Knowledge of service area and tunnel operations.
· Responds in wrecker and heavy-duty wrecker, to stalled, wrecked, or abandoned vehicles, to push/tow for roadway clearance.
· Must undergo criminal background check, drug screening, and Division of Motor Vehicle check as conditions of employment.
· Must maintain credentials once they are obtained, and participate in all required training, drills, and exercises as assigned.
Training and Experience
· High School Graduate or GED
· Firefighter I
· Current First-Aid, CPR, and AED
Desired and/or Required Within 6 Months of Hire:
· Computer Skills; MS Windows Proficiency Desired
· Valid CDL Class B (w/air brakes & tank) required, within 6 months of hire
· VA HAZMAT, VA Auto Extrication, VA Emergency Vehicles Operations Training
· Training in Various Tunnel Systems
· Ability to Operate and Drive Fire Apparatus
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
TOM ensures non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.