Director of Business and Finance
The Dickenson County School System is accepting applications for the following position:
ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS AND FINANCE
• Prefer a bachelor's or master's degree with a major in accounting, and/or a certified public accounting license.
• Prefer at least five years' experience in the accounting field in the school, governmental, or business environment. Supervisory experience preferred.
• Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
• Experience with computerized accounting systems, spreadsheets, and databases.
• To administer the business affairs of the school division in such a way as to provide the best possible educational services within the financial resources available.
• Assist the Superintendent and staff in preparing and implementing the annual budget.
• Assume responsibility for supervision of an accounting program to meet all requirements of the division.
• Work with staff to prepare and analyze all financial reports, the annual school report, and monthly reports as required for budget control and implementation.
• Work with staff to prepare payroll and accounts payable. Responsible for employee contracts and oversight of salary scales for the division.
• Arrange and coordinate the auditing of all school accounts.
• Coordinate all insurance programs. Administer employee health and dental plans.
• Oversee purchasing procedures with all supervisory staff, including bidding for materials, equipment and services.
• Assist school administrators in the business operations of individual schools.
• Consult with and advise the Superintendent and other personnel on questions relating to the business and financial affairs of the division.
• Prepare and present a budget report showing the status of revenues and expenses at monthly board meetings.
• Assist with the development of long and short range plans for improvements of building and grounds.
• Assist in the development and implementation of capital facility planning and construction.
• Carry out other duties as may be assigned.
DICKENSON COUNTY SCHOOLS – AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER