At Citizens, we connect people and communities to technology. Citizens is currently seeking a Broadband Technician to join our expanding and growing team and play a vital role in the continued stability and growth of our organization. As part of our team, you will be enhancing the lives of our customers and will be a key member of a supportive and service-oriented team that:
• Installs and maintains broadband, voice, and video services.
• Educates customers on new and existing services, promotes additional Citizens services, and proposes solutions to customer needs.
• Delivers a great customer experience by completing work to the highest quality standard.
The Citizens Difference
Citizens is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that promotes personal development and provides many learning opportunities.
Our employees are key to our success. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Citizens offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare and retirement), and an excellent working environment.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Always interacts with customers in a professional and courteous manner when present at the customer's home or communicating remotely.
• Educates and promotes Citizens services by explaining the benefits and advantages of our products and services.
• Follows all company standard safety practices in the course of performing work activities.
• Prepares for daily work assignments by reviewing upcoming tasks and procuring equipment and supplies from the warehouse, and stocking vehicle as needed.
• Maintains and drives company trucks and other equipment per service requirements, safety guidelines, laws, and company policies.
• Participates in team meetings and job-related training.
• Accurately completes customer orders and keeps detailed records.
• Installs and maintains Citizens services including video, voice, and broadband following prescribed procedures.
• Uses small hand tools, power tools, and test equipment. Ensures that service operates within prescribed parameters. Also works with alarms, low voltage electricity, and color-coded wires.
• Excellent customer service skills, a desire to build report, and the ability to educate customers on existing and new services and proposes solutions to customers
• Experience installing and maintaining copper, coaxial, and fiber optic facilities
• Experience setting up and troubleshooting a wifi network
• Proficient on computers and electronics
• Any other technical experience, i.e. setting up consumer devices such as TV's, OTT streaming devices, Internet-connected devices, and gaming devices
• Basic Networking skills and knowledge
• Basic understanding/knowledge of internet speeds.
• Ability to read schematics
• Experience working with hand tools, power tools, drills, etc.
• Availability to work on a rotating on-call schedule that includes weekends, holidays, evenings, and overtime as needed
• Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
The Broadband Technician will work primarily in the Floyd, Virginia area with occasional assignments in Ft. Chiswell and New Castle. Only qualified applicants with the above knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered. Applicants must provide both a resume and application to the address listed below.
Equal Opportunity Employer