Infant and Toddler Mental HealthCHILD DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
Bristol, VA Full-time
Posted on September 28, 2019
Child Development Resources is now accepting applications for an Infant Toddler Mental Health
Consultant to work remotely from home, covering the western region, with travel required throughout the state.
- Must possess a strong knowledge base in child growth and development, including social emotional development in children birth to three.
- Must possess excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills, the ability to mentor and coach adult learners, the capacity to build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and community partners, and provide services that are culturally competent and appropriate to the needs of the target audience.
- Must possess the capacity to plan and conduct training for adults.
- Must exercise independent judgment and initiative in working with stakeholders, infant/toddler (IT) caregivers/teachers, directors, families, and staff to carry out regional activities.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate orally in person, by telephone, and in writing with stakeholders, IT caregivers/teachers, directors, families, and those from diverse populations.
- Must possess knowledge of mental health prevention and promotion including integration of social-emotional development supports in child care settings as well as screening and assessment.
- Must possess knowledge of best practices to provide a family-centered approach to consultation.