BVU Authority is seeking a Storekeeper. This position reports to the Purchasing Agent and Warehouse Supervisor.
Position Summary. Maintain the warehouse in such a manner as to ensure easy accessibility of materials and supplies; maintain the warehouse in a neat, safe, and orderly manner; receive materials and supplies and store them in the warehouse; issue materials to work crews; maintain records of receipt and disbursement of all materials; perform clerical and manual duties involved in the loading, unloading, and storing of materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain equipment inventory.
- Properly dispose of scrap material.
- Use software programs/applications to track inventory.
- Receive materials and supplies and store in the warehouse until ready to issue.
- Issues materials to various crews.
- Delivers materials to crews when needed and picks up materials from vendors when needed.
- Maintains records of the receipt and disbursement of all materials, and makes changes as needed.
- Operates vehicles and loading equipment.
- Keeps warehouse, storage areas, and loading dock clean, neat, and in safe order.
- Assists with annual inventory audits.
- Conducts internal audits of inventory.
- Ships and signs for UPS and FedEx packages.
- Maintains records of all-electric meter seals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes good employee and department relations by working and communicating well with other departments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of inventory control methods and procedures, and the ability to apply such knowledge to practical situations.
- Knowledge of general policies and procedures, including safety measures, and the ability to practically apply such knowledge.
- Knowledge of the stock and inventories warehoused.
- Ability to operate vehicles and load equipment.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete records.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to independently organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
- Ability to use computer systems and software applications to perform a variety of work tasks.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
Education, Training, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in materials handling and in issuing materials for utility jobs preferred.
- Computer skills with a focus on Excel and Word preferred.
- Use of the internet and email required.
- Ongoing training will be required as necessitated by developments in equipment, safety, and software systems.
- Forklift operator certification is preferred but not required. Forklift training will be provided.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Duties are performed both indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb, and perform all other physical movements necessary for the essential functions of the job.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, and/or other items up to 75 pounds.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Travel is limited.
Applicants interested in applying for this position should complete an online employment application found on our website:
A paper copy of the employment application can be provided upon request (276-669-4112).
Applicants should also submit a resume to BVU Authority, Attention Human Resources, P. O. Box 8100, Bristol, Virginia 24203-8100, Fax No. (276) 642-2020, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
Applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol screening, background check and MVR.
BVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.