Sewing Machine Operator
Sewing Machine Operator
Butler Parachute Systems, Inc. located in Roanoke, VA is the industry leader in high-speed parachute design and custom fit parachute containers. Our future is about creating the kind of excellence that results from hard work and never-ending inquiry. BPS is hiring an experienced Sewing Machine Operator to join our committed team that is dedicated to delivering our customers the highest quality parachutes in the industry.
As a member of the Butler Parachutes team, you will enjoy a 4-day work week Monday-Thursday. We also offer a competitive base hourly wage and benefits package including major medical, dental, 401K, and PTO. If you are an energetic, self-motivated individual with the drive to become part of a growing organization, do not hesitate, respond today!
Requirements for the Sewing Machine Operator position includes:
• Good eye/hand coordination.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work independently and be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Strong work ethic, maintain favorable attendance record.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Vaccination Requirement: All BPS employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exemptions as required by law.
• All BPS positions require U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency (Green Card).
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Operate and maintain various sewing machines and related parts.
• Troubleshoot basic machinery problems and request service or repairs as needed.
• Make machine adjustments to compensate for errors or quality issues.
• Interpret manufacturing instructions, diagrams, work orders.
• Inspect and repair finished products as needed.
• Meet or exceed consistent weekly output and quality goals.
Training, Education and Experience:
• Prior industrial sewing experience is required.
• Ability to stand or sit up to 8-10 hours in a day.
• Use of arms and hands in continuous repetitive motions.
• Ability to safely lift and carry up to 15 pounds on an occasional basis.
Butler Parachute Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.