Bristol Herald Courier Production Facility is seeking a Press Operator
JOB SUMMARY: Set up the press to produce products based on their individual specifications; operate and maintain the press components and controls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operate, maintain and monitor the press components and controls to ensure the product being producted meets quality standards.
• Operates reels, makes paster patterns, loads and unloads newsprint
• Set compensators to align sheets back-to-back
• May be required to assist in press mechanical maintenance and support as directed.
• Leads sheets, makes and hangs plates
• Operates HMI consoles (controls inking, dampening systems & registration)
• Sets and adjusts trolleys, nips for web control
• Sets and adjusts slitters
• Sets and adjusts web detectors
• Sets and operates folder
• Maintains and records data relative to press operations
• Develops knowledge of all aspects of platemaking.
• Accurately setup up the press components based on the individual product specifications.
• Clean, maintain and repair the press components andequipment.
• Unload trucks and stage paper for the individual product according to its specification.*
• Assess and troubleshoot any production related problems that may arise and minimize their impact on deadlines and goals.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Good knowledge of the principles of web offset printing.
• Troubleshoot any production related problems.
• Must have a strong mechanical aptitude.
• Be able to operate: Lift truck occasionally; press.
• Must be willing to work scheduled or unscheduled overtime, as directed, in order to minimize equipment downtime; varied work schedule to include evening and week-end shifts as required to cover vacations and absences;
• Ability to efficiently perform routine equipment maintenance as required and assigned;
• Effective oral and written communications skills; ability to contribute to a positive team and work environment
• Must follow all company safety and environmental policies and procedures
• An understanding of and ability to use precision measuring equipment is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma/GED
• 4 years web offsetting printing experience.
Apply online at: lee.net/careers, Click See All Job Opportunities, and type 2120 Tech Lane in Location
Lee Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer